MA8xx Family by MPS
With the MA8xx family MPS releases easy to implement 8Bit, contactless, magnetic Angle-Encoder-Sensors with Push Button Function.
The MagAlpha MA8xx family from Monolithic Power Systems is a simple-to-use magnetic angle encoder designed to replace analog potentiometers or rotary switches with 8Bit resolution. The sensor detects the absolute angular position of a permanent magnet attached to a rotating shaft and outputs a PWM waveform at 3.13 kHz (MA850), incremental ABZ Encoder Interface with 1-64 Programmable Pulses per Channel (MA820) or SSI Serial Interface (MA800).
The user has wide flexibility in terms of magnet shapes and configurations. Typically, MA8xx is used with a diametrically magnetized cylinder of 3mm to 8mm in diameter.
MA8xx features programmable magnetic field strength thresholds which allow implementation of a push or pull button function. When triggered, these are readable as register bits and as two logic output signals.
On-chip non-volatile memory provides storage for configuration parameters including the reference zero angle position and the magnetic field detection threshold settings. Applications include: Rotary Knob Control Interfaces, Encoders, Automotive and White Goods.
- 8Bit Resolution Absolute Angle Encoder
- Wear-free Contactless Sensing for long life, isolated operation
- SPI Serial Interface for Chip Configuration
- Output: PWM, ABZ Encoder, SSI
- Programmable Magnetic Field Strength Detection for Push/Pull Button Detection
- 3.3V, 11mA Supply
- -40 to +125°C Operating Temperature
- Available in a space saving QFN-16 (3x3mm) Package
For further information contact Thomas Berner or your CODICO sales representative.