Improved electrical properties
The PANTA© SMD from SUMIDA has been designed especially to connect sandwiched PCBs or PCBs positioned at different angles. It offers a great variety of possible configurations when designing electronic equipment.
As a flexible connecting element for surface connection (Surface Mount Technology, SMT) the SMD-Jumpers are very compact in size and allow the production of smaller and more cost effective electronic devices. Also they can be placed on both sides of the printed circuit boards. They are optimized for automatic assembly such as high volumes and are supplied in blister package for removal and positioning with nozzles in pick and place process.
An additional advantage of Sumida’s SMD flex jumper is the improved electrical properties, especially at higher frequencies. In addition, the SMD Jumpers can also be used as a cost effective alternative to rigid-flex printed circuit boards. It is just required to connect two conventional PCBs with a PANTA SMD-Jumper as a connecting element.
- Competitive connection technique as an alternative to rigid-flex or milled pcb-solutions
- High temperature capability from -40°C to +125°C
- Placement by SMD assembly machines (automated pick & place) and applicable for reflow soldering process
- Post bending of printed boards after soldering up to 180° possible
- Available in 0.50mm and 0.93mm pitch with different number of pins
For further information and for assistance in choosing the right connection please contact Julia Reiterer.