SheerPwr™ series from Amphenol ICC offers power contacts assembled in a circular orientation providing repeated low resistance and high current carrying capabilities to connect busbars to PCBs.
Main design advantage: its permanent misalignment capability!
Large beam deflection range handles up to +/- 0.64mm permanent misalignment. When fully misaligned, all of the beams still make contact with the pin. Alternate products, at 0.64mm misalignment lose contact with several spring beams.
Overview of its benefits:
- Redundant contact points for improved reliability and lower resistance
- Low profile socket (6.8mm) regardless of pin size
- 3 mating pin sizes: 3.6mm, 6mm and 8mm
- Permanent misalignment capability of +/- 0.64mm
- Provides a minimum of 4.0mm of gatherability (increases with pin diameter)
- AGT® silver-based plating for maximum efficiency
- Mates with traditional machined pins
- Current Ratings: 3.6mm – 70A; 6mm – 120A; 8mm – 160A
- Contact Resistance: 0.05-0.1mΩ (depending on size)
- Durability: 100 mating cycles
- Mating force: 20-50N (depending on pin diameter)
- Unmating force: 10-20N (depending on pin diameter)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +105°C
- AC/DC pluggable power supplies
- Pluggable circuit breakers
- Networking equipment
- Server & storage
- Industrial PC
- Industrial controls & instrumentation