New MinE-CAP™ IC from POWER INTEGRATIONS
Reduces Volume of Input Bulk Capacitors by up to 50%
The MIN1072M MinE-CAP™ IC from POWER INTEGRATIONS dramatically shrinks the size of input bulk capacitors without compromising output ripple, operating efficiency or requiring redesign of the transformer.
When compared to traditional techniques such as very high switching frequency operation, MinE-CAP™ achieves the same or greater overall power supply size reduction whilst avoiding the challenges of complex EMI filtering and the increased transformer/clamp dissipation associated with very high frequency designs.
MinE-CAP™ also precisely manages inrush current at AC turn-on, eliminating the need for dissipative NTCs or large slow-blow fuses.Download Datasheet
- Up to 50% volume reduction of input bulk capacitors (E-CAPs)
- Eliminates inrush NTC
- Significantly reduces i2t stress on the input bridge rectifier and fuse
- Partners with the InnoSwitch™ IC family for lowest component count ultra-compact AC/DC converters
Advanced Protection and Safety Features
- Integrated temperature sensing and hysteretic thermal shutdown
- Input surge protection
- Pin open/short-circuit and E-CAP UV/OV fault reporting
- High power density universal input AC/DC converters
- Applications with very wide input range (90 – 350+ VAC)
Your Contact Person
For more information, please contact Thomas Berner.