Power Connectors From AMPHENOL ICC
Catalogue Items and Tailor-Made Solutions
AMPHENOL ICC’s wide range of power connectors offers products for power and signal transmission in one step, current ranges from 12A over 1000A while maintaining a compact design and more.
Besides catalogue items configurable solutions are also available to be the tailor-made solution for your application.
A variety of series and products provide power connections for many different applications.
BarGuide® connectors provide a high current connection with quick connect/disconnect functions for space constrained board-to-board, board-to-busbar, and busbar-to-busbar power distribution applications.
- Large surface contact area ensures small voltage loss, minimum heat generation and low insertion/ extraction forces
- Current carrying capacity from 65A to 140A
- Press-fit tails for mounting on PCBs and busbars
- Vertical design for parallel/mezzanine applications
SheerPwr™ Circular Connector
SheerPwr™ Circular is a high-current, low-impedance interface designed for connecting busbars to PCBs. It uses a robust and compliant power contact mounted in a circular orientation.
The result is a power socket, designed to mate with traditional machined pins, which provides repeated low resistance, high mis-alignment and high current carrying capabilities.
- Redundant contact points for improved reliability and lower resistance
- Low profile socket – regardless of current carrying capacity
- Provides a minimum of 4.0mm of gatherability, increases with pin diameter
BarKlip® I/O Connectors
The BarKlip® I/O connector provides a convenient method of distributing up to 200A between busbars, cables and PCBs. It features 14 fully independent cantilevered bars, providing a true compliant spring to adjust for variations in bus bar alignment and surface finish.
The ultrasonically welded connection between the wire and contact increases efficiency and reliability for current transition.
The cable is connected to the system rack bar, a 3.0mm thick copper bar, to achieve a direct pluggable connection to an uninsulated busbar. This connection generates very low energy loss, with a maximum resistance of only 0.2mΩ per port.
PwrMAX® Power Connectors
The PwrMAX® connector family offers a compact way to connect up to 100A DC power in modern system architectures that require high density and high current. Configurations include coplanar, backplane, mezzanine and orthogonal.
- 100A per contact
- GCS® plating provides low resistance
- Press-fit and solder tab termination
- 10 points of contact for long term reliability
The eHPCE™ Enhanced High Power Card Edge Connector offers 15% higher power density in the same footprint as classic HPCE®. The all-new power contact design offers lower contact resistance and higher current carrying capacity compared to classic HPCE® connectors. eHPCE™ connectors are designed to extend the life of power supplies using card edge output power connectors.
- Improved housing design
- GCS® plated contacts offer lower resistance without the high cost of gold
- Maximum operating temperature increased to 105°C
- Low-halogen housing material
The FCI Basics Minitek® Pwr family is an optimized product sold as a complete solution including wire-to-wire and wire-to-board, in pitch sizes of 3.00mm, 4.20mm, and 5.70mm, with current ratings from 6.5A to 23A.
In short, Minitek® Pwr is compact, robust and versatile, which suits different customer application needs.
- Pitch 3.00mm, 4.20mm, and 5.70mm
- Blind-mating, BMI version
- Wire-to-board and wire-to-wire
The PwrBlade® family contains of PwrBlade®, PwrBlade+ and PwrBlade ULTRA®. All of them provide power contacts for power distribution and signal contacts for power control. Number and placement of power and signal contacts are highly configurable for custom power needs. Besides right angle and coplanar options low profile, blind mating versions and cable connectors are also also available. The main difference of the series is their currenct rating:
- PwrBlade®: 48A/individual power contact; 30A/contact for 10 adjacent contacts at 30°C temperature rise in still air
- PwrBlade+: High power contact option up to 58A per contact, at 30°C temperature rise in still air
- PwrBlade ULTRA®: Up to 75A per contact for high power and up to 45A per contact for low power