The 6th generation of WiFi Transceivers based on new 11ax Standard
WiFi 6, based on the 802.11ax standard, is the next major advancement in WiFi technology and will increase network efficiency, deliver faster throughput and improve coverage in dense environments. INTEL is offering WiFi 6 chipsets for home WiFi routers, Gateways, and intelligent range extenders in cable, xDSL, fiber and consumer retail infrastructure, which are designed to deliver both fast and consistent connectivity.
High speed and optimal performance
Designed to Draft 3.0 of the IEEE 802.11ax standard, the WAV600 Series delivers speeds up to 4.8Gbps in the 5Ghz band and 1.14Gbps in the 2.4Ghz band. The WAV600 series is also engineered to deliver enhanced throughput rates for a mix of small and large packet sizes. This helps ensure optimal performance for devices and low latency for applications like gaming, video and voice calls.
The WiFi chipsets are optimized for the INTEL AnyWANTM SoCs to fully offload the wireless traffic with zero CPU utilization.
- 15mmx16mm MRQFN 244 package
- Enhanced Maximum Likelihood
- LDPC, STBC (2x1)
- OFDMA (1024 QAM)
- Target Wake Time (TWT)
- 4x Symbol Duration
- Spatial reuse/Bss Coloring
- Supports up to 256 clients and 32 Virtual Access Points
- PCIe Gen3/Gen2 (support for 1 and 2 lines)
- Standard temperature range from 0°C to +70°C
- Supports Linux Kernels 3.X and 4.X
- Software packages enabling both Open-WRT (UCI) and RDK-B alignment
For further information please have a look at the datasheet or contact Achim Stahl.