Low Power Consumption Wireless Network
ZigBee is the only open, global wireless standard to provide the foundation for the Internet of Things by enabling simple and smart objects to work together, improving comfort and efficiency in everyday life. Its a low power consumption wireless network for a max. distances from 10–100 meters (long distances by passing data through a mesh network) with a data rate of 250 kbit/s.
The ZigBee Alliance is an open, non-profit association of approximately 450 members.Samples Contacts
Three ITU Regions
- Region 1 comprises Europe, Africa, the Middle East west of the Persian Gulf including Iraq, the former Soviet Union and Mongolia.
- Region 2 covers the Americas, Greenland and some of the eastern Pacific Islands.
- Region 3 contains most of non-former-Soviet-Union Asia, east of and including Iran, and most of Oceania.
- 868 MHz Region 1
- 900 MHz Region 2
- 2.4 GHz harmonized Worldwide
- 5.7 GHz harmonized Worldwide
2.4 GHz ISM band: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi ( IEEE 802.11 ), up to various other wireless technologies such as ZigBee, IEEE 802.15.4 and WirelessHART and also proprietary radio links share this band.